At the foot of the Montagne de Luberon lies the magnificent medieval village of Menerbes. The village lies high on a rocky outcrop, surrounded by lush vegetation, and the Luberon Mountains form a striking backdrop. At the edge of the village of Menerbes, in a quiet residential location next to the 12th century church (a Unesco Heritage site), Villa Menerbes was originally a small house in ruins. Partly rebuilt in the 1950s, the owners made a recent decision to enlarge the house, incorporating other ruined elements thus far untouched. Under the careful scrutiny of the Historical Architect of Avignon, responsible for restoration projects in listed villages such as this one, and with the input of a dedicated architect familiar with projects in the region, the result is 250 m² of luminous and spacious living.
Villa Menerbes offers five comfortable bedrooms, of which three are en-suite and all with multiple viewpoints over the valley, church and pool. They have been decorated with taste by the family, whose four generations have been frequenting this much-loved village for over 50 years. The house is equipped with an underfloor heating and cooling system.
Villa Menerbes, on grounds of 400 m², has several terraces, both in the sun and shade. The house is layed out as follows:
- Sitting room
- Kitchen/dining Room
- Bedroom with double exposure, single bed (120 x 190 cm).
- Separate shower room and toilet.
- Double room with double exposure, bed 160 x 200 cm, en suite bathroom and toilet
- Double bedroom, bed 160 x 200 cm, en suite shower room and toilet
- Twin room with floor-to-ceiling window overlooking the swimming pool and church, beds 90 x 190 cm, en suite shower and toilet
- Children's dormitory with 4 beds and shower en suite, separate WC on landing.
- Swimming pool 4 x 8m with views over the Luberon and the village church, surrounded by a partially shaded terrace with deckchairs, plus a circular stone table and stone bench
- The sitting room opens out onto a south-facing terrace (30m²), with views over the Luberon. Garden furniture and parasol. Facing north is a shaded terrace of 35 m2, handy in the heat of summer
- Private parking for one car. Free public parking in front of the church. Traffic circulation is limited in the upper village and is open only to residents.
The house is in a very quiet residential location at the edge of the village, with vistas extending to the far horizon, however it is only 5 minutes on foot from the village shops.
Menerbes is located about 30 km east of Avignon, in between Oppede and Bonnieux. It is an hours drive from Marseille’s Marignane airport, and it's 15 kms to the nearest A7 motorway exit. You'll find a 18-hole golf course near Saumane, at 18 km.
|26 Oct - 21 Dec '19||€ 1900|
|21 Dec - 4 Jan '20||€ 2500|
|4 Jan - 21 Mar '20||€ 1900|
|21 Mar - 23 May '20||€ 2300|
|23 May - 27 Jun '20||€ 2750|
|27 Jun - 22 Aug '20||€ 3950|
|22 Aug - 26 Sep '20||€ 2900|
|26 Sep - 24 Oct '20||€ 2300|
|24 Oct - 19 Dec '20||€ 1900|
I loved everything! Nothing to complain. Especially Carine, who cared for us, was wonderful. The house and the surroundings were great. Happy to come back!
Claudia from Germany
What a fantastic house! Beautiful garden and pool... We could easily walk into the village with restaurants and shops, it was sooo relaxed! A real holiday... The house has spectacular views from the terrace in front of the living and kitchen, spacious rooms, very clean!
Eileen from Switserland
All I can say is that Villa Menerbes was the right choice for us!We all enjoyed our stay tremendously in this absolutley charming house. We loved the fantastic view over the valley and swimming in the pool directly in front of the Romanesque church. It was just a pity though that we only could stay for 6 days. We definitely will come back some day.Thank you once again for your kind assistance!
Constanze from Germany
The rental was perfect. We loved the location and the house, and the views were beautiful! Will definitely rent through you if we go back to the area.
Angela from Canada